Rode NT2A is a full featured, large diaphragm condenser microphone. Rode has surely lived up to its premium Australian characteristic while designing this mic. The NT2A has dual diaphragm design, which means it can accept sound through both its capsule faces. This is a huge advantage that the Rode NT2A has over its competitors. Furthermore, it comes with full bundle of shock mount, XLR cable and pop filter to make this a valuable porosition for studio owners. On the sound side, this mic has good accuracy and excellent detail in its sonic capabilities. It has a nearly linear pattern of frequency response with minor humps on the treble side. Therefore, more and more studio owners are choosing the NT2A for vocal and guitar cabinets apart from other applications. These mics do quite well as drum overhead mics also.
Nice quality condenser microphone from the Australian brand Rode. Loaded with good features to help while recording.
Click on the images below to enlarge them:
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/gallery_images]
Rode NT2A Features
These are the main features of Rode NT2A condenser mic:
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/feature]
For more details click this:
Here I have embedded a very informational video about the Rode NT2A. This was recorded in a Nashville studio and is bit lengthy but very informative even for professional audio geeks. So please do watch it:
Rode NT2A Pros & Cons
- NT2A is accurate and has a very low noise floor. Thus, you can expect good crystal clear recordings with this mic.
- It is a full featured mic. It comes with polar pattern selection which you can use to select omni directional, bi-directional or cardiod pick-up pattern acording to your need. Hence, this mic is very handy for variety of studio scenarios.
- The mic has bass roll off so that you can reduce low end rumble noise. It also has a gain reduction padding switch which will enable you to record loud snare or kick drums too.
- This package contains a pop filter, shock mount as well as XLR cable. Hence, you don’t have to buy these accessories and spend more money.
- Does not come with a carry case. There is only a thin dust cover with the package.
Rode NT2A Price Comparison