Behringer C1 is the junior-most entry level large diaphragm condenser microphone. Just like the Samson C01, it is a very basic mic for recording vocals or light acoustic music. The C1 uses XLR balanced connector to send its juice to your Audio mixer or Audio interface. 48 Volts phantom power is also fed using the same XLR connection. Since phantom power is required to make the internal circuitry work. Apart from that, there are no other settings on the mic. Its a pretty decent no-frills condenser meant to be one of the first companions on your musical journey.
Handy for playing second fiddle to other good mics in your studio. Buying this makes sense if you have just started out in recording your own songs
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/gallery_images]
Behringer C1 Features
Although, there are not many features to talk about. But I will just jot down a few for you to understand this mic better.
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/feature]
Click below to see the full specifications in case you are interested.
I have also embedded a video review of this microphone for your convenience. You can make a decision based on the sound quality and also the pros and cons I have listed below.
Behringer C1 Pros & Cons
- This microphone has a considerable linearity from low end to mid frequency level. Thus, it reproduces bass and mids quite accurately.
- It is equipped with noise cancelling FETs (Field Effect Transistors). Thus, there is very little background noise and hence more clarity than other mics in similar price range.
- Build quality of this mic is very poor. Hence, you have to safeguard it from damage and even high decibel percussive sound.
- Tends to over-emphasize high end treble sounds. Thus, corrective EQ is required. You can also try using a low pass filter of desired setting.
- Does not come with XLR cable. Hence, you need to buy the cable separately.
Behringer C1 Price Comparison
Prices keep on fluctuating. Hence, we include price alert for you. Just leave your email id and we will inform you when the price goes down. Therefore, no need for you to keep checking again and again.
Behringer C1 Customer Reviews
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/reviews]