Behringer B1 is a decent large diaphragm condenser microphone. It comes with lot of awesome features and certainly worth considering as a second mic or main mic in your studio. I used this mic for 3 years before loaning to a friend who is still using it. The B-1 is kind of rugged as well as classy. Furthermore, it has quite a linear frequency response right up to 5 KHz from where it peaks at about 10 KHz and fades down. Thus, the microphone is wonderfully suited to give more presence to vocals and guitar (mostly on treble side). It requires 48 Volt phantom power to run and should be connected to your Audio Interface or Mixer via XLR cable.
This is a handy microphone for acoustic guitar and vocals as well as drums or percussion. Meant for casual recording like demos etc. Comes with good features and combo pack.
Click on the images below to enlarge them:
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/gallery_images]
Behringer B1 Features
Here are the key features of B-1 microphone:
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/feature]
Besides the above, this package comes with a shock mount and wind screen for the microphone. The items are packed in a padded carry case which is quite handy. Furthermore, the 10 db attenuation pad switch can help you while recording loud sound sources such as distorted guitar amps or drums. Moreover, you can make use of the bass roll off switch provided at the back to cut boom at the low frequency end. Here is a video of Behringer B-1 in action:
Behringer B1 Pros & Cons
- Good sound clarity and quite linear frequency response up to 5 KHz. Thus, you can expect a good, balanced recording with this mic.
- Comes with nice features such as 10 db padding, Bass cut-off switch etc. Therefore, you can use this mic to capture sound from a variety of sources.
- Comes with a carry case, wind screen and shock mount. Hence, there is no need to buy these accessories separately.
- Top end of the spectrum is bit more pronounced. Hence, you will have to adjust EQ in your mix for certain sound sources such as shrill female vocals.
- Package does not come with a pop filter. Thus, if you don’t want to use the wind screen, you might have to buy a new pop filter.
Behringer B1 Price Comparison
Behringer B1 Customer Reviews
[content-egg module=Amazon template=custom/reviews]